There are 18 units in the book, each concerning a different aspect of grammar. For each unit, there are photocopiable pages - one for the song, one of practice exercises and one which is a game. The first units of the book are lower level grammar points, and generally younger appeal. The level and age appeal increases through the book.
• songs specifically written for different age groups and levels
• a variety of musical styles
• step-by-step instructions and tips for teachers
• a range of exercise types
• photocopiable worksheets and games
• useful pop music glossary
• alternative karaoke or slow version for each song
• songbook containing lyrics and chords.
The sample lessons focus on can (Unit 4) and on the past simple of irregular verbs (Unit 6). You can listen to the songs here. Notice that they feature a chorus of kids who repeat lines of the song in some parts, like a call-and-answer.